Oh Dreidel

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hey there, I guess this is my last post for 2014. It's also one of the last articles on the Get It Scrapped blog for the year. Using your holiday stash to create holiday pages.

When I first started thinking about this page, I thought I had a lot more Hanukkah stash than I actually did. As it turns out, I have a lot of old stickers but not many papers. It became a 'make it work' moment.


First I arranged the photos and background papers. I grabbed a variety of dreidel stickers, laid them out and stared at them for a long time. I just started placing them around the page until I got a design I was satisfied with. I didn't feel like it had enough stuff on it, so I created the border along the edge. I cut the lyrics to the dreidel song from a piece of patterned paper and used it as part of the journaling. This page is part of a series of pages from this party, so I didn't add the whole story here. 

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today and for sharing on my 2014 journey. I hope you'll be continuing on with me in 2015. I will be welcoming in the new year on some new Creative Teams. I'll have many new projects to share.  

Supplies: Cardstock-American Crafts, Bazzill,  Patterned paper-Karen Foster, Echo Park, Doodlebug designs, stickers-Mrs Grossman, Frances Meyer, Karen Foster, Mark designs, mist-Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico, ink-Memento, Adhesive-Recollections, EK Success alpha-American Crafts, Silhouette, pen-EK Success, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS