Sluuurp

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

There is a new article on the Get It Scrapped blog today. The article talks about creative ways to use negative space in your scrapbook pages.  I contributed this page about a promise to my son of getting Slurpees since we missed free Slurpee day.


When working in negative space, I find using larger space easier to work with. I cut the design out then set it aside. I used the remaining cut out piece as a mask and sprayed ink over it in 3 colors. Each time I changed colors, I rotated the paper.  I laid the die cut back down on the misted background and this is the result; color mixed with white.  In the negative space you see peeks of color, a lot of color and almost no color.  I achieved the effect I was looking for, a slight mirror of the Slurpee cup.

Thank you for taking a look at my creative view today. I'll be back tomorrow with more from Get It Scrapped and another surprise.

Supplies: CS-American Crafts, PP and twine-Doodlebug Designs, Fancy Pants, Mist-Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico, Sticker, Pre-made die cuts & Chipboard-Basic Grey, American Crafts, Washi Tape- MME, Freckled Fawn, Enamel Dots-MME, Epoxy Stickers-Freckled Fawn, Ink-Colorbox, Sideburst Die cut-Brenshevia Baker cut on Silhouette, pens and adhesive-EK Success, Alpha-American Crafts




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS