XLV

Friday, March 8, 2013

I am on a roll.  3rd post this week.  I think I need to so this more often.  I'm finding writing very therapeutic this week.  Anyway, I'm taking advantage of an opportunity today.  Sketches With Color has a design team call going on.  I decided to throw my name in the hat.  I'm finding that having DT assignments, gives me a good reason to scrap!

I go in spurts when it comes to using sketches. I'm in one of those spurts right now. I've not been inspired by the photos I have printed, so sketches are really helping with a starting point.  Some I follow exactly, others I change a lot of elements.

Part of the DT application is to use their sketch provided.  Here is the sketch:


Here is my LO


Do you remember your Roman Numerals? I hope so, or you won't get the title of my LO.  It's a great sketch. One I can use over and over by changing around the orientation, and supplies.  Here, I did change the photo and papers to horizontal.  I also used a larger photo, 5x7.  

This photo was taken on my birthday last year.  I just wanted a casual day with my family. We were lucky to have a day nice enough to go to the park.  I went Garanimals with my supplies on this page.  (Ooh, did I just show my age???) Anyone else remember Garanimals?  Ok, well, it means that everything is from the same collection so its easy to put together.  In this case, it's one of my favorite collections from Basic Grey called PB&J.  The colors and patterns are so versatile, especially for all the boy scrapping I do.  But it also works so well even with me in the photo. The only other supplies are some washi tape by Recollections & Darice and AC Thickers.

So wish me luck, and if you haven't already, go take a peek at Sketches with Color





2 comments:

  1. I totally love your layout and your take on the sketch! You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scrap page! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS