Cheery Blossoms

Monday, April 26, 2021

Hey Hey I'm dancin' to a little Maroon Five, oops, I mean scrappin' to a little Maroon Jive  on the Paper Issues blogtoday! I was so afraid of this challenge. For Real. Maroon? What color even is that? Is it dark red? Well, let me show you what I did. 


The first thing I did was tear into the April Kit. I fussy cut a bunch of the mandalas from the 1Mandala paper, focusing on the ones with more reds and pinks in them. To get more maroon shades, I went to my inks, stencils and stamps. I mixed a couple of pink Distress Oxides for the foundation. then I used one of the pinks with the Vicki Boutin Chart stencil. To add more of the deeper red, I stamped some more dots using Vicki Boutin Hello Stamp set with PinkFresh Studio Inks. Aha! It even turned out the way I wanted it to!  I stamped the title with the Elle's Studio Medium Jane Alphas. There. I think I conquered my fear of Maroon! 


Thanks for stopping by today! Head over to our Facebook Group where you can find all of our April Challenges, and upcoming events. Shop the Paper Issues store for all new Vicki Boutinkits and so much more. the best part is it's 20% off when you use DEVRA at checkout. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS