Here & Now

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Hey there and good morning! Today it's my turn on the Paper Issues blog. I am sharing a project for the May Flowers challenge. You'd think this would be easy right? Wrong! Too many choices! Do I use photos of flowers? A cut file? Flower embellishments? Ot should I just make it easy and use floral paper?  See what I'm talking about?!?! Well, I couldn't decide, so I just used a lot of flowers!

I started with my photos of our recent visit to the tulip fields. So, boom. Flowers. They are so pretty. How do I want to highlight them on my page? Well, how about Cocoa Vanilla Happiness? The colors are bold vibrant and there are gorgeous flowers throughout this collection. I started by fussy cutting the flower wreath from the So Fresh  paper. Then I cut it apart before gluing it down. Gah! Yes. I did! The rest was easy after this. I just stuck a few stickers and ephemera around the photos and it was pretty much done. Oh, but I should tell you. One go my favorite new products right now are the Vicki Boutin Watercolor markers. I used them to create all the splatters. They are so much fun! Well, there you have it. May flowers. I made it way harder then it needed to be! 


I love our annual visits to see the tulips. The colors are amazing. Really, just seeing so many flowers in one place is truly spectacular. This year, I paid attention to the color. It was a mostly gray day. Maybe that's why they stood out to me so much. 



Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I've got some more projects to share so com back again soon. You can get Cocoa Vanilla Happiness and so much more in the Paper Issues shop right now. Use DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS