Stix are for Kids

Monday, December 24, 2018

Hey there! I'm on the Paper Issues  blog today sharing my project for the Rolling with the Punches challenge. 

Guess what. I wasn't feeling the punches. Nope. I was intrigued by the rolling part. I've used straws for something like this, but had never rolled my own paper. What a better time to try!  I grabbed some more Crate Paper Hooray. I mean really, it's not just for birthdays anymore.  I cut a bunch of strips out of several different paper, rolled them upon then glued them down. So easy. Time consuming yes, but easy nonetheless.  They look just like the candy sticks in the photo don't they. Secret? I did that on purpose.  In the end, I did break out one of my punches. It's a border punch that makes holes all the way across. I threaded the twine through it at the top and bottom of the page. 





These candy sticks remind me of my childhood. We used to get them at Disneyland and a local candy store. My sister and I loved them. We tried all the flavors and had our favorites. We weren't allowed a lot of sweets when we were little, so these were favorites because they lasted a long time. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. Ive got a couple more posts before the end of the year. Come back to check them out!  Head over to the Paper Issues Facebook Group  where you can find this and all the other December challenges. Shop the store for new products including the upcoming January kit. you wont want to miss it! Use DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS