White Socks?

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Hey there! It's been a few days but I'm on the Paper Issues Blog today with a new project for the Boys Will be Boys challenge. This one is a slam dunk for me!

Or so I though! Why is it when I have something that should be so easy for me I get creative block? Well, I stumbled through that block and came out the other side. Today I started with my photo. Kids are getting older, there are fewer and fewer current photos to play with. I found this one I never knew existed.

This boy and his sense of humor! I'm telling you. I can hear him now. "White socks? Like these? Why would you name a baseball team after your socks?' So it required something playful. I found what I was looking for in a mix of different product, but primarily PinkFresh A Case of the Blahs and Boys Fort. The colors are soft enough that the photo stands out. The prints are small enough that they aren't overwhelming. The style of the two collections work together too.  All of that filled the Bubble Blast cut file so nicely! And guess what else. They kinda look like baseballs. ok. Not really. 

I mixed some random little bits from my stash with the PinkFresh embellies to add a bit more color. The papers and die cuts do enough! I did add some A Flair for Buttons flair, because, well, it provides the extra touch. I used a piece from the Around the World 1 set. The word stickers applied to his humor don't you think? 






It's refreshing to mix things up. I haven't done that in a while. I should try that more often. So should you. You can purchase PinkFresh, Echo Park, Doodlebug and so much more right now in the Paper Issues shop! Use DEVRA at checkout revive 20% off your purchase. Then, go straight to your crafty place, create something and share it with us in the June Challenges album in our Facebook group. Thanks for stopping by today and see you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS