The Red Door

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Good morning! I love the topic on the Get It Scrapped blog today. Stitching. But using it in creative and meaningful ways on the scrapbook page. I stitch often on my scrapbook pages. I love how I can change the look by adding a small detailed touch or bold statements with color and design. 

For this page, I cross stitched a heart from the Shimelle Box of Crayons journaling tablet. It already had dots to create lines (like a bullet journal). This made it easy to poke the holes in the right places using a paper piercer. I hand stitched with a needle and embroidery floss.

The cross stitching and the heart represents what the 'red door' means. It's the Cardiac unit at the hospital. It's about healing hearts. It's stitched together. It's repaired. It's stitched completely. It's whole. It's full. It also represents my feelings of gratefulness and hope, as one 'crosses their heart' or 'counts their blessings'.

This is a story about perspective and feeling grateful for the way things are. Although I face many challenges with my family, things could be so much worse than they are.


You also know I like playing with product, trying to use them with purpose, but in unintended ways. I mixed together PinkFresh A Case of the Blahs and Let Your Heart Decide. I chose the embellishments that best described my feelings and helped to tell my story. I'm joining the Notable Quotable challenge at Paper Issues as yes, I'm always trying to look on the bright side. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I have so much more to share, I hope you'll come back again soon.

Supplies: Patterned paper, stickers, ephemera, wood pieces and alphas-PinkFresh Studio, Heart shaped journaling spot-Shimelle, embroidery bfloss-DMC, needle, unknown, Paper piercer, pen and adhesive-EK Success, tassle-Unknown, enamel pieces-Basic Grey, Nuvo drops, Mist-Heidi Swapp, Tattered Angels and Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS