Sunday Morning Snuggles

Friday, March 9, 2018

Well Good morning to you! I'm up on the Paper Issues Blog today with my first March project. Feel the Beat is a new challenge. We've chosen this record album as inspiration. Not feeling the cover itself? How about a song title or lyrics?


I was inspired by two parts of the cover. The circles, and the line connecting the two 'O's. I knew I didn't want to do a plain circle grid.  The new Dot Grid cut file however, gave me some other ideas! Look! It's a different kind of a circle grid! Wahoo!

So next was what to cut and glue! Since PinkFresh Case of the Blahs and Let Your Heart Decide were both staring at me, I mixed them up and used them both. I love when I can do that. It makes me feel like I'm getting more out of my stash.  The Quirk paper makes a great background in color and pattern don't you think? That grid I mentioned? I guess I didnt get away from it after all.  I surrounded my photo with small clusters of embellishments created with ephemera, frames and stickers. Do you see!?!?! I even connected some of the circles with thread!

Now, I know some of you are sitting here wondering why and how you can use  Case of the Blahs. You don't have to have a bad day to use this collection. Nope. As you can see, this is not a 'Blah' page at all. That's the beauty of interpretation. I took these wonderfully snarky, sarcastic phrases and applied them to a happy photo and story.


Here are a few close ups ion some of the phrases. Sad? No way! Check out the awesome A Flair for Buttons flair! This silhouette is in the Hexagon Boy set. So perfect for this!

Seriously. These are so perfect for my story! Sunday morning snuggles happens where? Oh yes, On. The. Couch! Oh and the Smash Phrases Flair has wonderful little sentiments that fit right into this page!

For the past few months, I've been working on Saturdays. I think he notices. On Sunday mornings when we get up, he takes me to the couch where we sit together for quite some time. Im pretty sure that's his way of telling me his misses me. I'm not gonna lie. I enjoy every minute of it. There is no better way Id like to spend a lazy Sunday morning than snuggled on the couch with this guy. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today! I'll be back in a few days with more stories to tell and photos to share.  Head over to the Paper Issues shop to get yourself some new things! I'm enjoying all the new releases including this PinkFreshShimelle and Crate Paper! Your purchase will be 20% off when you use DEVRA at checkout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS