Boys Will Be Boys

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Hello there! We are breaking design rules at Get It Scrapped today, talking about designing in groups of 2's and 4s.  Generally, groups in odd numbers are more appealing to the eye. Most of the time I use groups of 3 or 5. 

Using groupings of twos and fours works on this page seemed like a natural fit. I took my cue from the photo first, since it features 2 people doing the same thing. The first two letters of the word Boys in the journal card share the same bold font. Adding the two paper dolls there creates another clusters four.  I chose a cut file full of circles, representing the cheerios. I added 2 stickers in 4 places around the circle.  Lastly, I embellished 2 corners of the page, which pushes the viewers eye towards the center. 

Cheerios are my son's favorite food. He eats them with every meal.  One day after finishing a box, I put the empty box on my sons head. At first he didn't think it was funny. My husband decided he wanted in on the action, and put the box on his head too. Then it was funny!

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I'll be back later this week with more. Check out the Get It Scrapped blog for more ideas and examples.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, die cuts, chipboard, and stickers -Crate Paper, pen and adhesive-EK Success, electronic cut file Paper Issues, Silhouette

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS