Vogue

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Well hello!  Today's Get It Scrapped  blog article is a topic close to my heart. The subject is taking inspiration from pop culture in certain decades. I was given the 1980's. 

I grew up in the 1980's. My memories are of music icons, fashion influenced by them and fun slang language, some that I still use today. I used these influences in color, texture and motif on this page. Neon colors of pink, green and turquoise are grounded by black and white. Records and cassette tapes reference music, the lace of fashion influenced by music artists such as Madonna and Boy George. Some my favorite slang words and phrases are also scattered throughout the page. 


 My friends and I took over the photo booth at a sorority reunion.  We were celebrating 30 years of friendship, that began in the mid 80's, making this an easy decade to inspire this layout.

Thanks so much for being here today. I appreciate you following along my creative view. Come back again.I have much more to share.
 
Supplies: Patterned paper-Simple Stories, Amy Tangeine, Card Stock-American Crafts, Stickers-Simple Stories, WRMK, Amy Tangerine, Fancy Pants, Die Cuts-Amy Tangerine, lace-May Arts, enamel dots-Doodlebug Design, Freckled Fawn, washi tape-AmyTangerine, Freckled Fawn, sequins-Michaels, Silhouette, Die cut-Stacie Dietz for paper Issues, design inspired by Cassie Box

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS