Beach Bummin'

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Oh help there. It seems I am a bit behind on my blogging. It's a scrappy month, thanks to Calvinball, so now it's time to play catch up. I'll begin with this page I created based on the March sketch challenge on the Imaginisce blog


I flipped the sketch horizontally. I think we were all kind of looking in different directions, but the photo looked better on this side on the page. Other than that, I pretty much used the sketch as it was designed. I used my newly purchased Sunny collection. I'm a sucker for summer themed papers. Maybe its all the grey winter days, or memories of growing up in a beach town. Who knows. But summer collections and photos make me smile. This collection included!

I started by misting some yellow & orange over a stencil I cut on the Silhouette to create a subtle sun ray. I love the mix of acrylic and card stock die cuts. I added a few flair and enamel dots to give the page some dimension. I also trimmed one of the 3x4 cards, then adhered the camera over it. It added the right motif as well as more color to my page. I can't wait to dig our more photos to use with thus stuff!


Of course we waited until our last day in Hawaii to take a family photo. Isn't that usually what happens? Nonetheless, we got a nice photo, which sums up our last vacation. Nice. Lazy days at the beach, naps in the hotel, eating out every meal. A teenagers dream right? I can't complain either, and can't wait to go back.

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I've got lots to catch up on, so come back again soon

Supplies: CS-AC, PP & die cuts-Imaginisce, flair-Feed Your Craft, Fancy Pants, enamel dots-MME, Queen & Co, mist-Tattered Angels, 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely layout. Love the vibrancy of the colours used. Enjoy the Calvinball challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great page, love how you used this collection! So glad you joined us at Imaginisce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page Devra!! Love that photo of you all, and love that title! Thanks for joining in the Imaginisce sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS