Bookworms

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Hey there! I have been taking full advantage of my Scrappy Fridays this month. It's what I call my "day off". I catch up on TV from the weekend, and scrap until the kiddos get home from school. It's really quite helpful in clearing my head at the end of the week. 

A friend of mine recently joined the team at The ScrapRoom. I like to support my friends and of course, small scrappy businesses. I don't subscribe to the kit club, but I can help get the word out.  This is something I did yesterday using their sketch for the Guest Designer Sketch Challenge


Although the sketch called for two photos, I wound up using only one. I had two, but they didn't work well together, throwing the whole thing off. Fortunately, this sketch allows some flexibility. I flipped it on it's side, centering the single photo and it turned out well. I used a square matte instead of the circle, also simplifying my embellishments. Lastly, I flagged the ends of the paper strips to give it some more interest. 


My son and I both love to read. Two days after moving across the country, we found the library,  signed up for library cards, as well as summer reading programs. I could barely find the market, but I could find the library. That's a priority if there ever was one. 

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. If you are new to my blog, please consider flowing me. I have lots to share, and share often, I do.

Supplies: CS-American Crafts, PP, stickers, chipboard, alpha-Bella Blvd, wood pieces-Lawn Fawn, Studio Calico, enamel dots-MME, flair-October Afternoon, mist-Studio Calico, stitch template-Bazzil, thread-DMC




3 comments:

  1. Great layout! love the colors! Thanks for playing along with The ScrapRoom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page! Wow---look how young Evan is! Love the colors and the stitching detail and the transparency. Great work with the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devra what an awesome page and take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with The ScrapRoom!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS