Guest Designer

Friday, July 3, 2015

Hey there! I'm excited to share that I am Guest Designing this month at Inside Out Visual Journaling. I have admired this idea for a long time and have participated a few times.  I am honored to participate in this month's theme SHINE.

I like the idea of self reflective memory keeping. But, I, like most of us, have a hard time creating pages about myself on a more serious level. I feel that if I want to write seriously about myself, I may not want to share what I've written, and how I'm feeling. This was a great opportunity to test this out. So, here goes. My first of four pages created with this months SHINE kit.


I started by looking up the definition, synonyms and antonyms of Shine. The first word that stood out to me was darkness, an opposite. I figured here is my chance to get down on paper some honest thoughts about me. Over the Rainbow from the Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite songs. I love the lyrics and they particularly resonated with me. So I used the rainbow to help describe some wishes and wonders about my life if it were different. Is life different 'over the rainbow'?  It is ok to wonder and wish, but for me, that doesn't get me anywhere. As Dorothy realizes, her life is just fine as it is, so have I. 


I created a grey, rainy background using sketch pens in the Silhouette. I used the lemons, not as a sign of summer, but more towards the making lemonade sentiment. The pink papers are more as a backdrop for the rainbow. It seemed to stand out more against the bright colors. The simple sentiments were just right for how I was feeling as I worked on the page and are also a part of the story.

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. Come back again soon, there is always lots to share. Each Friday this month, I will be sharing another page created for Inside Out Visual Journaling.

Supplies: CS, Paper Accents, PP-Websters Pages, Pink Paislee, embellishments-Crate Paper, Pink Paislee, Alphas-Webster's Pages, pen-Sharpie, Silhouette.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS