Dance With Me

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Good Monday to you. I generally like Mondays. Yes it the beginning of the week and it's 4 more days until Friday, but its back to the routine for everyone and that's a good thing. It's also reveal day for Let's Get Sketchy. Here is today's sketch


Here is my translation. Yes, yes, I know. Another Bar Mitzvah layout. I promise. I only have 4 more to do! But, I love that using these sketches has helped me get so many pages for this album finished! 


Like here, I just changed the square photos into 3x4 then used other elements that went with my theme. The initial design is still there, but I made the rest my own. I also used a newer to me favorite tool, the American Crafts DIY roller stamp. This one has a heart shape on it. I wanted a polka dot look. Instead of rolling it in paint or an in pad, I used mist. The thinner liquid left a more random impression, which is what I was looking for.  I made my tools work for me.  

Now turn to it's your turn to put this Let's Get Sketchy sketch to work for you. Don't forget you still have time to submit for Issue 5 of Let's Get Inspired Magazine. Submissions are open until October 1. Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. Stop back again later in the week. I'll have more to share for the Let's Get Sketchy Blog Hop



Supplies: CS-Paper Accents, PP-Basic Brey, Stickers-MME and Basic Grey, Metal accents-MME, brads-Freckled Fawn, Alphas-American Crafts, MME, ink-Colorbox, punch-EK Success, mist-Tattered Angels, Stamp-AMerican Crafts

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS