The Devil Inside

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A few weeks ago, while looking for some old photos I came across some others that I didn't even know I had.  I must be in the Halloween spirit (even though my boys aren't Trick or Treating *sniff*) because a title came to me right away and I HAD to scrap them.  Hmmm, they've been sitting on my desk since then.  I kept walking by them, threw a scrap PP over them, then a piece of cardstock under them, and there they sat.  Well, a terrific opportunity, presented itself (no, it wasn't free time) and the LO has finally been created.

The ScrapStuff'z Inspired by Design Team was invited to guest design at Sketch n' Scrap for their 10/15 challenge.  Here is the sketch we were asked to use:


and here is my page!


These photos are of my Dad from some time in the 80's I think. They used celebrate Halloween at his work. I have no idea how they fell in my lap, but finder's keepers and all that jazz...Like I said, the title came to me right away as did the flame stencil/gold mist, especially when I saw that was the Basic Training challenge over at SWAT!   Once I saw this sketch, the rest was fairly simple.  There is no other paper on the LO. It's all washi tape and ribbon, with a few scattered embellishments. I took a lot of creative liberty with the embellishing, but the photo placement stayed he same.  Over all a fun sketch and one that I could easily use again.

Be sure and head over to both ScrapStuff'z Inspired by  and Sketch n' Scrap

Thanks for taking a peek at my blog. If you aren't a follower, please follow me. I post regularly, but my stuff is far from regular. It's definitely my own creative view.

Supplies:
CS-Bazzill
Washi-MME, Queen & Co, unknown
Ribbon-unknown
mist-Heidi Swapp
Stencil-TCW
chipboard-Thickers
Alphas-Cosmo Cricket, Heidi Swapp, Thickers
3D embellishment-MME
bling-Hobby Lobby, Making Memories


7 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Devra! And great that you scrapped these photos of your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page! Love the flames and other details. Awesome photos too! Thanks for playing along at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masked flames!! Thanks for sharing over at SWAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics and fun layout. Love the flames. Thanks for playing along at SWAT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this! It's HOT! Thank you for sharing with us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! Such a pretty LO! Thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS