Symmetry

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Double post day so if you are looking for Child's Play Challenges post,. please go here:

Thanks for being here today. It's my turn to reveal for ScrapStuffz' Inspired by August Challenge.  I'll get right to it. Here is our inspiration photo:


If you know me, you know I love the beach. It's my happy place. I grew up in the beach cities in Los Angeles. I spent many, many summer days at the beach.  When I retire, I want to live in a hut on the beach. That would be me in my dreams. I enjoy the calmness of sitting, watching the water move, and the warm sand all around me. My inspiration begins there.

That being the case, you'd think I would have an easy time coming up with photos! Do I choose the kids in the lounge chairs by my Dad's pool, the kids at the beach, me in Hawaii? Then it struck me. I have a favorite photo of my boys at the beach. Although the photo is from 2008, I have always known what the title of the LO would be: Symmetry



Every summer we go visit my family in Los Angeles.  Well, of course we always go to the beach. On this particular day, we were just enjoying the beach with a picnic lunch. We weren't planning on hanging out there all day.  After lunch we took the towels and sat in the sand. I was watching the two of them playing and noticed they were completely engrossed in the sand.  Not only that, they were sitting in the exact same position, doing the exact same thing with their hands. Definitely a rare and unusual moment for these two, but an incredibly meaningful moment for me. The appearance of calmness in this photo gave me the same feeling as our inspiration photo.

I've shared my creative view with you. Now it's your turn to share how you are Inspired by our photo.

Supplies:
Sketch-Aly Dosdall for BPC Stashbusters Anonymous class
CS-Bazzill
PP-Carta Bella
Alphas-Jillibean Soup
Wood Veneer & Mist-Studio Calico
Brads-KI Memories and Making Memories
Pen-EK success

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS