Kit Club Layouts

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sick kids and doctor appointments left me with little free time this week.  But I was able to work on and finish some pages from my Scrapbook Generation kit club.  I find them easy to work on while watching TV at night.  I also find them fun when I have no mojo, but feel like doing something creative.

These papers were hard for me to work with. I imagine Nov and Dec are a hard time of year for kits.  Most of the lines out are Christmas oriented. New lines aren't being released until February.  I made the nest of it.  I printed a bunch of photos from my Grandparents 65th Anniversary party.  I thought the papers lent themselves to a celebration.  I also changes the sketches up a bit to accommodate more photos, added more embellishments to add 'my' touch, and help tell the story.  The only thing I haven't done is journal.  My Grandfather has since passed away and I can't decide how and what to write.




This one is also from the kit. Color wise, the photos don't go with the papers, but the sentiment was right on! Again, I added my touch with the twine and the scallop punch to soften the lines a bit.

Looking forward to this week. I should have some time to hang out in my scrap room! Ideas have been swirling around in my head. Time to get them on the page!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS