Two Little Fishies

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Good Morning!  I'm so happy I remembered to write (and post) about my latest LO for Thinking*Through*Design.  Today's *thought*--Mixing title fonts--is one I use often.  I love the look of small letters mixed with larger ones.  I like to mix colors, usually using the colors that are in my photos and/or papers on my page, which I did here.  I don't really pay attention to which style of fonts work with each other.  I just use my own eye ti decide if I like the way the fonts look together.  One thing I don't really like?   Mixing fonts within a single word.  I probably should have tried that for this *thought*, but I would have struggled and forced myself into something I know I don't like to do.

I used a BoBunny chipboard piece with the word 'two' on it.  I liked the orange that grabbed the orange in the stripe in the middle photo and also pulls the coral in the Quick Quotes PP on the left.  The green Sassafrass letters work with the swimsuit in the bottom photo and the small AC letters are light blue to bring it all together.  I used some mist and a circle mask to mirror the pool water, some gems for dimension.  I just liked how the larger circles that are outlined in Stickles, helped moved the eye into the photos.

2 comments:

  1. Love your newest "thought" for t*t*d*....great colors & photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute page, Devra! I love your mixed font title here, too! And I totally agree with you...not a fan of mixed fonts within a word. It might look alright when others do it, but not when I do it!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS