Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Friday, April 27, 2012

Last weekend we went to the Tulip Festival in Mt. Vernon.  It was our first time there.  It was a sunny day, a rare treat, so wee took full advantage of it.  The flowers were exquisite.  I felt like Dorothy in her field of Poppys, only my field was Tulips.  I have to thank my friend Laurie.  She took time out of her Saturday to be our tour guide.

I created this LO using a sketch by Ashley H.  I submitted it for 3 different challenges over at Club CK.   ThanksLiving #4, April Sketch it Out, and Scrapbooking Simply.  



I turned Ashley's sketch into a 2 page spread.  I needed to do this for 2 reasons.  It worked for the photos, and the design element for ThanksLiving is symmetry.  The photos are so vivid and have so many colors, I needed to keep it simple. I wanted them to be the focus, not all the stuff surrounding them.  I stuck to white card stock and added some color around the edges by punching 5 more CS colors with the same punch, then stapling them to the page.  I added the same colors of twine and brads along the vertical edge, adding a subtly misted flower to the middle.  I misted white CS scraps with the same 5 colors and used them to anchor the title and journaling.  A variety of alpha letters and I was finished.  I know I could have added a bunch of stuff, but I am happy with the way it looks.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Devra!! I love the pieced border and the way you used the twine, so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and love the way you did the twine on the sides! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this LO! The way the twine is pulled back with the flower & I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS